1) Why have you decided to incorporate Renault electric vehicles into your fleet?
Electric vehicles complement our current range perfectly.
In major urban centres, where customers often hire cars for very short journeys, electric vehicles eliminate all fuel costs while providing sufficient range.
Furthermore, our customers will be able to enjoy zero-emission* motoring – something that will soon be a necessity in major cities.
2) What are the main attractions of the Z.E. range for your business and your customers?
There are several.
Firstly, we are very happy to be able to play an active role in efforts to reduce CO2 emissions.
Secondly, we can offer our customers the option to drive vehicles that are totally silent.
Thirdly, participating in Renault’s Z.E. project means we know the vehicles will incorporate all the expertise of a major automotive manufacturer.
3) How do you see your Z.E. partnership with Renault?
We see the Z.E. partnership as a lasting commitment. Electric vehicles represent a major break from existing technology, and call for a long-term outlook. We need to consider all aspects, from customer demand to the infrastructure necessary to recharge batteries. This will take time and energy, and will call for close collaboration between Renault and Avis.
4) What do you think the keys to success will be in establishing electric vehicles as part of corporate fleets?
The success of electric vehicles in corporate fleets depends on a variety of factors:
- Vehicles must be suitable for customers’ requirements
- The recharging infrastructure and after-sales services have to be first-rate
- And most importantly, it is essential that usage costs are reasonable.
This last issue is crucial, as we are talking about mass-market technology here. As such, it must be accessible and competitive when compared to combustion vehicles.
* during use