Journalists at Le Parisien newspaper would be only too happy to trade in their two-wheelers for a Twizy Z.E. Concept! Everyone seemed won over after trying out Renault’s fully electric futuristic compact tandem.
The tests took place at the Guyancourt Technocentre. “[For a compact], the car’s pep was the first thing that struck me,” wrote Guillaume Zambaux. Not surprising, since the Twizy is no slouch, quickly out of the blocks to reach a top speed of 75kph.
Quick Twizy tech spec:
- 2.30m long and 1.13m wide: perfect for negotiating the urban jungle and parking problem-free
- 50 litres of storage space: handy for those trips to the shops
- Tandem-style two-seater: useful for picking up a passenger or driving a child to school
- Maximum power of 15kW (20hp), with a top speed of 75kph (version limited to 50kph for drivers aged 16)
- Batteries (below seats) that can be recharged in three hours using an extendible cable under the Renault logo.
Due for release in 2011.
- [Geneva] Twizy now has a price!
- Breaking news for Twizy: prices revealed and online reservations now open!
- Twizy voted « most beautiful car of the year 2011 »? Yes, we can!
- The Top 5 reasons to drive electric in 2012
- Renault unveils electric vehicles for all - Renault ZE Blog